**Updated Letter from the VDRC President
Vernon District Riding Club update.
On behalf of the Vernon District Riding Club I would like to thank all our members for their patience and discipline during the initial phase of the COVID-19 pandemic. The number of infections in British Columbia, and particularly interior health region has remained low and is decreasing steadily. We are in a very enviable position and can now start a gradual re-opening. We must however remain vigilant and continue active social distancing.
As of Saturday May 9th, 2020 the VDRC grounds will be open. At this time only paid riding club members are allowed ( if anyone wishes to purchase a membership please contact Gayle Rowan directly at [email protected] ). No drop-ins at this time. We are committed to the safety of our members, volunteers and staff. We therefore will have a number of precautionary measures in place. We ask that everyone please abide by them, they are for everyone’s safety and are unfortunately not debatable at this time. Anyone found not abiding by them will be asked to leave the grounds and have their memberships revoked.
1) If you have any underlying medical conditions, display any of the symptoms of COVID-19, are under quarantine or have a household member under quarantine we ask that you do not come onto the riding club grounds. For more details please follow this Link http://www.bccdc.ca/…/diseases-c…/covid-19/common-questions…
2) Social distancing is mandatory. All riders must stay 12-20 feet away from any mounted or unmounted persons. We ask the standard 6 feet distancing for all unmounted patrons (members of the same household can be within these distances). To prevent accidental congestions in the rings, no more than 4 riders per ring.
3) Lessons from approved instructors can commence. We ask that they follow the above measures. To protect our instructors, we ask that all riders wear masks/scarf face coverings. To prevent parking congestion, we ask that all instructors use Time Tree (please contact Allison Covert [email protected] for details), to arrange regular weekly ring bookings.
4) The washrooms, clubhouse and deck will remain closed and out of bounds. Please make alternate arrangements for facilities off the grounds.
5) Please provide your own hand sanitizer and use frequently especially before and after handling gates, jumps, rails etc.
My apologies for all these somewhat drastic measures but they are necessary if we are to open at this time.
Welcome back and stay safe
President Vernon District Riding Club